P O R T L A N D

I MADE IT!!

Here I am in my new apartment typing on a desk that I spent 5 hours building yesterday (without help). This week has been a mix between excitment, stress, boredom, anxiety and extreme happiness. And those are in no particular order! I'm not sure it has actually sunk in yet that I live here. Or if it has I am already super at home. I have always been a nester. I love to be surrounded by memories and art. My main goal is to make my place super homey and cozy. Lucy has not moved in yet but tomrrow she's going to start bringing her things over! That's where the boredom comes in. I haven't lived alone in a long time and not having someone to talk to 24/7 is really odd. I noticed that I when I am alone I talk to myself. Somehting both my mom and grandmother do on the regular. Out of all the things that I thought were going to be passed on to me I did not think talking to myself would be one.. 

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice!" 

Our place is right on the Willamette River! it's stunning. I love being able to just hop in my chair and roll around my little neighborhood. My apartment also has a little gym and I went this morning to check it out and start whooping my ass into shape. Ever since I stopped going to physical therapy I have noticed my strength just fading. When I walk it just looks so painful! (it's pretty painful actually) I know though that if I just strengthen my muscles walking will be a lot easier. And I will be a lot less likely to fall! 

"Be stronger than your excuses." 

Speaking of falling.. I fell. Only this time I was in my chair. Yep I fell while sitting. It really has come to that. Josi was pushing me and I was holding all of our groceries. I decided a long time ago that I don't need my wheelchair foot rests because they are just a pain in the ass and I can just help push myself with my legs too. What I didn't think about is that when I'm being pushed and my foot touches the ground, I will inevitably roll over my foot and flip out of my chair! Yep.. I face planted on top of all the groceries! A nice big box of luscious red rspberries cushoned the fall. But don't worry the eggs survived!! Anyway, I ended up in the E.R. FOR FOUR HOURS! They were swamped and basically told me that they didn't see a fracture but that it could still be fractured. I know, really helpful. I am feeling a lot better though!! 

"Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living." 

I met my new boss yesterday. She is so rad! Honestly I was so sad to leave my boss in slc because I freaking adore her, but meeting my manager at Clackamas really put my anxiety at ease. All my other co-workers seem super awesome too! Nothing like loving your job and the people around you. I am so excited to start kicking ass at work. I miss my EWC ladies in utah like crazy though. I miss working shifts with Molly and Evangeline. They were what made work so fun. I know they will come visit soon though..  (RIGHT GIRLS??!) 

"Success is never owned, it is rented. And the rent is due every day." 

Over all I am just so stoked to be here. Never in a million years did I think this would be my life. Sitting here I flash back to laying in my hospital bed wishing that I could go to sleep and never wake up. I am so fucking thankful I never gave up on this insanely stunning life. I feel like I am on top of the world. Life's a bitch somethimes but she's my bitch. 























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, I hurt.

Change Is The Only Constant In Life

The Elephant Is A Sign Of Strength And Peace