Word Vomit, With Absolutely No Direction In Mind

I don't usually have a hard time thinking of a way to start my post, but today so many topics come to mind. Plenty of time has passed since I last wrote and clearly I have climbed out of that small hole that I wrote from. Since then I have witnessed the marriage of one of my very best friends, spent time with my family, pushed myself creatively, watched my sisters return to school and hit some major goals at work. This all proof to myself that there is a way out of a dark place. Even though I have such amazing proof that the there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's amazing to me how easily I can forget that in those moments. It can be so hard to climb out of the darkness. SO, thank you to all of you who reached out your hands and brought me safely back to this side of my mental health.
With all of that being said, I am happy to say that it is a beautifully cloudy day her in the city of roses. I am being hugged by my favorite sweater that Becky gave me, sipping on an oat milk latte, and taking bites out of a marion berry hand pie here at Oracle. I can feel that it's going to be a good day.

Last Monday my little Franny Panny started her first day at the U!! Though it was a bumpy start, I am SO EXCITED for her. She is settled in to a little apartment, and living with two kappas. This coming weekend she will be going through rush and I am so stoked for my love to finally experience sisterhood. Even though she is a kappa legacy I want her to go into recruitment with an open mind. I want her to choose a house that makes her feel like kappa made me feel on pref night. Unless you have experienced sorority life personally, it's hard to explain the feeling. I just can't wait to hear all about it.

Another exciting thing that I am loving these days is the brisk morning air. If you know me at all, you know I adore the fall. Thought of colorful trees, breathing in crisp air, the soothing feeling of hot tea rushing down my throat to warm my tummy. I love the scarves, hats, boots, layers. I love the rain and the grocery stores full of pumpkins. I love the pumpkin patch on Sauvie Island. I love the gloomy mornings where I can wake up slowly and reach for Rupi Kaur's magical words to inspire me. The summer drains me and I can't wait for all the autumn treasures.

I have caught the eye of an adorable yellow lab sitting a few tables away from me. Therefor I must go and give her all the loves. 'Til next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Is The Only Constant In Life

The Elephant Is A Sign Of Strength And Peace

Today, I hurt.