Slow Motion

I have been stuck in a pensive state.
Everything I do flows at a glacial pace.
Waking up in the morning takes an hour longer than usual.
I lay in bed drawing in long breaths.
I slowly trace all of the curvatures and scars of my body.
This is time I spend learning about new bumps, freckles, and wrinkles on my skin.
No matter how much I think I know about my body, I seem to learn something new about myself every time.
My senses take more time to take in information.
I react a lot slower to the phone ringing or a knock at the door.
Every step I take is carefully meditated.
I plan exactly where each toe will land on the cold ground.
Randomly I will pause and take in my surroundings.
Sometimes I will look at something that I see every day and see it with new eyes.
I overthink what I am going to say.
I plan conversations in my head, making sure that I have a response to any variety of directions the conversation may go.
Every now and then I will think about my future.
I get lost thinking about verything I want out of life.
Then I feel defeat knowing that nothing is for sure.
Often times before I know it, the day will be over.
So the next morning I begin again.
Floating through life in a very heightened state.
Sometimes I feel numb.
Other times I feel everything magnified.
I have the desire to create.
Other artists will inspire me but at the same time rob me of any ideas.
I constantly crave the oposite season.
Music drives me.
Silence freezes me.
I get bursts of feeling empowered and able to conquer anything thrown my way.
I cry.
A lot.
I seek comfort in a screen where other people lead real and fake lives.
I crave affection.
At times all I want is to be held and wanted.
Anxiety will suffocate me while thinking of the state of my home, family and country.
Daydreaming about a world without hate.
There is a deep need for me to be wanted and desired.
I remind myself that not only am I enough but I am MORE than enough.
Before I know it the day ends.
I begin again.
I smile before my eyes open in the morning in hopes that the smile will guide the events of my new day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Is The Only Constant In Life

The Elephant Is A Sign Of Strength And Peace

Today, I hurt.